The Halle de Rouvray site is adjacent to Parc de La Villette, close to the Grande Halle de la Villette and not far very from the Cité de la Musique, the Philharmonie, the Zénith and the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie. It is composed of a group of buildings, erected in 1936 and used as workshops and the warehouse for the Canals Department up to 1995.
A first building was refurbished to better house the Canals Department in 2010, and two other buildings remain today: the metal workshop and the carpentry workshop, which are included in the call for proposals.
*perimeter and area given as a guide only
The building’s architecture and location between Parc de la Villette and the Darse de Rouvray, reveal the canal’s industrial past. Located near several public cultural facilities, it is at the centre of a lively residential area that has been the focus of several development projects over recent years.